Rehabilitation Grants for Mobile Homes

About Westminster’s Rehabilitation Grant Program

On June 11, 2014 the Mayor and City Council approved the use of Housing Authority funds to reinstate the City's Low-Income Mobile Home Grant Program.  The program would provide eligible mobile home residents up to $10,000 to repair health and safety items on their mobile home. 

Examples of allowable repairs include:

  • Roof repairs or replacement
  • Exterior painting
  • Patio or stair repairs
  • Termite treatment
  • Electrical repairs Water heater
  • Siding
  • Code violations
  • Heater repairs or replacement

All work must be completed by a City approved licensed contractor and must comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. All permits must be obtained from the Department of Housing and Community Development.

As part of the City's Mobile Home Grant Program, the mobile home must be owner-occupied and all applicants are required to meet the Low-Income Guidelines listed below.  The City expects to be able to grant up to 100 grants in the next two year period.

Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and must be submitted with ALL required documentation listed on the application.

Applicants applying for the mobile home grant cannot exceed the income limits below:

 Household Size





MAX Income Limit







Mobile homes manufactured prior to 1978 may contain some lead-based paint. In order to receive a grant, if your home was built before 1978, the City may test for the presence of lead-based paint utilizing a third party vendor for any painted or coated surface expected to be disturbed. The cost of the testing(s) will be deducted from the grant award.  Please review the Lead Based Paint Pamphlet before signing the Federal Lead Based Paint Notice on the last page of the Mobile Home Grant application.

Eligible Properties:

  • The property must be a mobile home.
  • The property must be in need of repairs to: correct existing code violations, improve the exterior/interior, resolve health and or safety issues.
  • Property must be located in the City of Westminster

Mobile Home Grant Application