The Westminster Police Department Animal Control Unit is committed to providing a high quality level of service to the community of Westminster. The unit is dedicated to ensure the safety and welfare of animals and people and promotes responsible pet ownership. We accomplish this through education and enforcement of Westminster animal ordinances and California state laws.
There is an Animal Control Officer on duty every day during business hours, excluding major holidays. Routine calls are only handled when the Animal Control Officer is on duty. 24 hour service is provided for emergencies only such as stray injured animals or aggressive animals running at large that have caused or attempted to cause injury.
The following services are provided by Animal Control:
· Investigation of neglect, cruelty, and abandonment complaints
· Investigation of animal bites and quarantine of animals
· Investigation of potentially dangerous, vicious, and nuisance dogs
· Issuance of animal related permits
· Patrol and impoundment of stray animals
· Injured animal impoundment
· Deceased animal removal
· Pet licensing
· Humane education
· Enforcement of local and state animal laws
Please contact Animal Control at the numbers listed below to request a call for service or to obtain more information on any of the services provided. If you have an after-hours animal emergency, please contact Police Dispatch.
· Animal Control Business Line (714) 548-3201
· Police Dispatch/Emergencies (714) 548-3212
· Animal Control Fax Line (714) 898-5932
· Animal Control Email email@example.com
For information on licensing your pet and to download and application, click here