California Department of Housing and Urban Development (HCD) - Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman
Do you have any of the following questions or concerns?
- Are you concerned about possible health or safety issues in your mobilehome park like unsafe sewer, water, electrical, or gas conditions?
- Do you need assistance with the installation, inspection, maintenance, or alteration of a manufactured home, an accessory structure, or park grounds, or have questions as to when a permit is required?
- Do you suspect unlicensed sales activity by an individual or the park?
- Do you have a complaint against a licensee alleging fraud, misrepresentation, escrow violations, contract disputes, advertising or non-receipt of title?
- Do you have a new home warranty question or concern?
- Do you need information on the Mobilehome Residency Law and where to obtain assistance for lease or rent disputes with park management?
- Do you need assistance with your mobilehome registration, titling, or ownership documents?
- Are you seeking compensation for a fraudulent mobilehome sale?
- Do you have questions on commercial modular lease, sales or rent?
- Do you need information on local resources available to you?
Mobilehome Assistance Center Poster (PDF)
Visit the Mobilehome Assistance Center here or see below for contact information.
1-916-263-4742 (Sacramento area)
1-800-952-5275 (Toll Free)
1-800-735-2929 (TTD Number)
|The Office of the Mobilehome Ombudsman
Mobilehome Assistance Center
California Department of Housing and Community Development
PO Box 31; Sacramento, CA 95812-0031
The Mobilehome Assistance Center cannot mediate or offer any legal advice. For legal advice, contact a licensed attorney or legal aid organization.
Mobile Home Residency Law and Legal Aid/Resources
Source: Senate Select Committee on Manufactured Home Communities
California Tenants: A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords' Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)