Mobile Home Residency Law and Related Information

Mobile Home Residency Law and Legal Aid/Resources

The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is providing the following content solely for informational purposes. This material is not intended to be, nor should it be understood as, legal advice or counsel. If you have a legal question or inquiry concerning any of these matters, HCD recommends that you seek legal advice from a licensed attorney. HCD and the City is prohibited from providing legal advice to members of the public. The State Bar of California provides a public lawyer referral service and access to legal services programs [available at or (866) 442-2529].

Rights and Obligations of Mobilehome Park Homeowners, Tenants and Management - FAQs (PDF)

Source: Senate Select Committee on Manufactured Home Communities

California Tenants: A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords' Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)