Frequently Asked Questions
I am a battered woman (with children) and I need help!
Please contact one of the following agencies:
- Interval House 24 hour Hotline (714) 891-8121, or
- Human Options 24 hour Hotline (949) 497-1570, or
- Women's Transitional Living Center Hotline (714) 992-1939
- The Sheepfold (800) 799-7233 or (714) 237-1444
I am being evicted.
You may contact Fair Housing at (714) 569-0823 to learn all about tenant rights.
I have no food.
7101 Wyoming Street
7425 Garden Grove Blvd. #A
Garden Grove, Ca.
American Family Housing
15161 Jackson St,
Will provide bags of groceries upon request
14072 Olive, Westminster Ca 92683
Calvary Chapel WestGrove
12832 Knott St
Garden Grove Ca 92841
A list of all soup kitchens and days they serve food is available at the Westminster Family Resource Center located at Sigler Park, 7200 Plaza St., Westminster, CA 92683 (714-903-1331).
I need an emergency shelter.
- Info Link of Orange County: supplies the most current open-bed count for all the shelters in Orange County 211 (Costa Mesa, CA)
- Illumination Foundation: 7855 Katella Ave, Stanton Ca, 90680 (714) 507-2459
- Door of Hope: program and shelter for married, two parent homeless families with children; will provide additional information on emergency shelters - 1-626-304-9130 (Pasadena, CA)
- Families Forward: not an emergency shelter; transitional living program; family must pay rent -1- 949-552-2727 (Irvine, CA)
- Friendship Shelter: assists single homeless women and men; 60 day program; intakes on Wednesdays -1- 949-494-6923 (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Fullerton Interfaith Emergency Services: emergency food, rent, housing assistance, and shelter - 714-738-0255 (Fullerton, CA)
- Garden Grove Housing Authority: referrals for homeless and rental assistance - 714-741-5150 (Garden Grove, CA)
- H.I.S. House: transitional living program offering no cost shelter to the homeless; 120 day program (wait is 1-2 weeks) - 714-993-5774 (Placentia, CA)
- H.O.P.E. : transitional living for abused and abandoned women and their children - 714-539-4357 (Seal Beach, CA)
- House of Hope: 12-18 month transitional program for women and children ages 11 and under - 714-247-4341 (Santa Ana, CA)
- Interfaith Interim Housing : program for employable adults; emergency shelter -1-949-263-4544 (Laguna Hills, CA)
- New Vista Transitional Living Center : transitional shelter for homeless families with children under 18 years old; 60 day program - 714-680-3691 (Fullerton, CA)
- New Directions: program for chemically dependent, homeless veterans -1-310-914-4045
- O.C. Rescue Mission: emergency shelter for men; first come, first served - 714-258-4450 (Tustin, CA)
- Orange Coast Interfaith Shelter: 3-7 day emergency shelter program; transitional living program -1-949-631-7213 (Costa Mesa, CA)
- Salvation Army Hospitality House: emergency shelter; line forms 3:30-4:45 daily; up to 7 nights first stay; can return after 30 days. Call - 714-841-0150 (Huntington Bch., CA)
- American Family Housing: emergency, transitional and permanent housing; must be eligible to work - 714-897-3221 (Midway City, CA)
- Covenant House: crisis shelter and transitional living program for youths 18-21 - 1-323-461-3131 (Hollywood, CA)
What do I do if I am having trouble filling out my MediCal/Covered Ca application?
Please call the Westminster Family Resource Center at 714-903-1331.
Where can I apply for Food Stamps?
Call the Westminster Family Resource Center to schedule an appointment or please contact the Orange County Social Services Agency at one of the locations listed below:
- 15460 Magnolia St., Westminster Ca 92683-(714) 834-8899
- 12912 Brookhurst st., Garden Grove Ca 92842-(800) 281-9799
- 1928 S. Grand Ave., Bldg. A, Santa Ana, CA 92705 - (714) 435- 5800
- 6100 Chip Ave., Cypress, CA 90630 - (714) 503- 2200
- 3320 E. La Palma Ave., Anaheim, 92806 - (714) 575- 2400
Who does the Family Resource Center provide services to?
The Westminster Family Resource Center offers services to parents who have a child 18 or younger still living at home. The parents can be a couple or single parent. Languages available are English, Spanish and Vietnamese.