General Services & Activities
- The Senior Center 's staff is available to provide information and referral services and answer questions concerning senior activities and services.
- Monthly Surplus Government Food Distribution is held on the second Wednesday of each month from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. or until food runs out. Recipient must qualify as low-income, 60+ and live in Westminster.
- Income Tax Assistance is available February through April on Wednesdays from 8:30 am to 12:00 noon. Appointments are required; please call the center at 714.895.2878.
- Legal Aid is offered by a paralegal to provide legal advice and referrals on the first Friday of each month. Appointments are required; please call the center at 714.895.2878.
- Legal Counseling is offered by Attorney Dennis Jensen on the third Tuesday of each month. Appointments are required; please call the center at 714.895.2878.
- Movies are shown every Friday morning at 9:15 a.m.
- Nutrition Education lectures and demonstrations are offered on a quarterly basis by a dietitian provided by “SeniorServ.”
- Tours and Trips are planned monthly and include overnights to a variety of locations.
- Volunteers are essential in providing quality programs and services. For further information about volunteer opportunities, please contact the center at 714.895.2878.
- Blood pressure testing is conducted by certified nurses at the center, every Thursday from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
- HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling Advocacy Program) is available by appointment at the center on the second Monday of each month to assist seniors with questions related to their Health Insurance. A Vietnamese speaking counselor comes on the first and third Thursday of each month.
- Adult Public Health Nursing Services program provides a professionally trained public health registered nurse to conduct basic health screenings by appointment every Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. In addition, nutrition counseling, lectures on such topics as arthritis, heart disease, and diabetes are provided.
- APHN (Adult Public Health Nursing) Services also has a Diabetes Support Group on the third Wednesday of every month from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.