On January 17th, 2014 Governor Brown declared a drought emergency in the State of California. The State Water Resources Control Board approved an emergency regulation on July 15, 2014 to ensure water agencies and their customers increase water conservation efforts. Though the statewide drought was declared over in 2017, Southern California, and Orange County in particular, remain in a moderate drought due to low groundwater basin levels. The Westminster Water Division asks all residents to continue to use water wisely.
The City of Westminster has updated its permanent water restrictions and asks residents to Make Conservation a California Way of Life. To see a comprehensive list of permanent restrictions, view our Permanent Water Restrictions or view Municipal Code Chapter 13.14.
Top Water Saving Tips
- Reduce outdoor watering frequency and station time
- Wash full loads of laundry
- Replace older washing machines with a high efficiency one
- Turn off water while brushing your teeth
- Turn off water when washing dishes by hand
- Clean the driveway with a broom instead of a hose
- Water the yard late at night or early morning
- Fix a leaky toilet (or replace with a high efficiency toilet)
- Use a low-flow showerhead
- Capture running tap water for house plants or your garden
Rebates for purchasing water conserving appliances and irrigation devices are subject to change due to funding availability.
For information about current rebates please visit www.ocwatersmart.com