Salary: $9.00-$15.00/ hour
Position: The position of Police Aide is a challenging position for anyone interested in a career in law enforcement or public service field. This is a part time position (20 hours per week) rotating in various divisions. Position may be assigned to divisions that include Detectives, Court Liaison, Records, Administrative Services Bureau, Parking Control, and Animal Control. The Police Aide performs a variety of routine, non-sworn police and public safety tasks; relieves sworn police officers in non-sworn police duties; works in various business offices; conducts surveys, writes reports and performs related duties as assigned.
- Methods and techniques for resolving conflicts and interacting with the public
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment, including computer equipment and software (Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel)
- Safe driving practices
- Learn and correctly interpret and apply laws pertinent to vehicle codes and local ordinances
- Learn standard broadcasting procedures of a police radio system
- Read and interpret maps
- Efficiently operate office equipment and input data into a computerized records management system
- Follow oral instructions
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Work various shifts, holidays and/or weekends
- Establish and maintain an effective work relationship with those contacted in the performance of required duties
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or completion of a GED. Additional course work in specialized public service, police science or closely related field is desirable.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's License and proof of an acceptable driving record. An acceptable driving record must be maintained during the course of employment.
Selection Procedure: Depending on the number of applications received, appointments will be made from an eligibility list established by written and oral examinations of qualified applicants. For further information, contact Officer Rachel Archambault at email@example.com or (714) 548-3771.