This program is available to eligible Westminster residents financially impacted by COVID-19.
The City of Westminster received a special allocation of Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) funds to be used to respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). On May 13, 2020, the Westminster City Council approved funding of CDBG-CV funds to provide limited rental assistance to qualified Westminster residents to help meet the needs of the community. Applications can only be submitted to the City between June 2 and June 16, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
To be eligible for WCARES Program, the household must meet the following criteria:
- Has an approved application by the City;
- Must be a current resident of Westminster;
- Has a signed rental/lease agreement for a unit in Westminster (rental assistance is to help households remain in its current housing);
- Agree, jointly with respective landlords, to receive WCARES rental assistance payment (City will make payments directly to landlords on behalf of household);
- Be low-income not earning more than 50% of Area Median Income (AMI) Westminster residents;
- Must NOT be receiving another rental subsidy such as the Section 8, Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH), Tenant-Based or Project-based program. Participation in any other rental assistance program is considered a duplicative subsidy therefore all CDBG funded rental assistance must terminate; and
- Have proof of financial hardship due to COVID-19 (i.e. letter from employer, loss of income, loss of job, reduction in hours at work, increased medical expenses and etc.)
Questions? email email@example.com or call 714-898-3311 x 4314.
Please visit the Project W website for renter resources.
The application period has closed.